W. Wilhelm Rabke
Will focuses his practice on middle market M&A and private equity transactions. Will advises investors, including private equity funds and VC firms, and assists emerging growth companies, in both sides of private capital raises.
Will’s M&A practice focuses heavily on Insurance Brokerage Agency and broad ranging Technology transactions, but he has led deals in industries as varied as automobile dealerships to municipal landfills. For nearly ten years prior to law school, Will was a small business owner and entrepreneur, that experience provides a unique perspective to his corporate practice as he focuses on efficient and practical results. Due to his real world experience, Will is able to advise his clients on both legal and business issues.
Since leaving the large Richmond-based law firm where he began his law career, Will has been able to deepen his relationship with several long-time clients by taking on the role of external in-house counsel for BHMS Investments, a private equity fund based in New York, and New Richmond Ventures, a Richmond based VC firm.
Will actively promotes awareness and advocacy for Rett Syndrome, serving on professional advisory boards of various Rett Syndrome organizations and donating his time pro bono to assist Rett families in Special Education matters. Additionally, Will is an energetic supporter of the start-up community in Richmond, where he serves on the Advisory Board of RVAWorks and the Board of Directors of RVAWorks’ nonprofit enterprise.
Mr. Rabke is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and he is a member of the Virginia and Richmond Bar Associations. Mr. Rabke received his juris doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Richmond School of Law. He earned a bachelor of arts degree, cum laude, from Hampden-Sydney College.
Representative Engagements since 2011
- Represented several of the nation’s largest insurance agencies in more than 40 separate acquisitions of employee benefits service companies and P&C brokers across the country;
- Represented a NYSE listed retail company in its acquisitions of two technology companies;
- Represented a NYSE listed retail company in its acquisition of a software product from a technology developer;
- Represented a NYSE listed retail company in its acquisition of a regional retail chain;
- Assisted a NYSE listed financial services company in its acquisition of the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese conglomerate;
- Assisted a NASDAQ listed internet company with two divestiture of operating divisions;
- Assisted a NASDAQ listed internet company with four acquisitions of various technology platforms;
- Represented UK-based pharmaceutical company in two licensing agreements;
- Represented a technology consulting company in its sale to a NASDAQ listed international management and technology consulting company in a transaction valued at $100 million;
- Represented private equity group in its formation, capital raise and subsequent acquisition and divestiture of numerous operating restaurant franchises;
- Advised a venture capital group on its organizational structure and represented the fund in multiple
- investments in start-up companies;
- Led follow-on Series C investment round for a start-up electronic banking company operating in Peru;
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of world’s largest rubber producer in parent’s dual listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange;
- Represented a biotech commercialization and investment company in its ongoing investment in an Israeli based manufacturing company;
- Represented various Private Equity Funds and PEG sponsored entities in their investment in and/or acquisitions of various portfolio companies; and
- Advised numerous individuals in their exits from companies founded or led by such individuals.
University of Richmond School of Law, cum laude
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Healthcare Regulation
- Journal of Law and Technology, Staff
- John Marshall American Inn of Court, Student Member
Hampden-Sydney College (B.A., 1996), cum laude
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Professional Affiliations and Honors
American Bar Association, M&A Committee and Subcommittee on Private Equity M&A
Virginia Bar Association
Richmond Bar Association
Named a “Rising Star” in Corporate M&A by Virginia Super Lawyers magazine (2013 – 2017)
Virginia State Bar
Girl Power 2 Cure, Family Advisory Board
RVA Works, Advisory Board
RVA Works Enterprise Support (501(c)3), Board of Directors, Secretary
University of Richmond School of Law Young Graduates’ Council (2008-2011)
Beta Theta Pi Alumni Association for Hampden-Sydney College, President (2000-2005)